Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tweeting Block

By Nasra Al Adawi

The title might be confusing to some. Tweeting block does not mean to block someone or others from seeing you tweets. It’s actually about the status of not being inspired to tweet. The urge to tweet but words and thoughts are blocked.

Tweeting block is an area seems not to be addressed much or perhaps not thought of. It is an area for me carries so much fascination as from time to time I go through tweeting block just like writing block. There I am eager to tweet, wanting to incite my followers but words and thoughts seem not to be there and the fact is I have nothing to say that I presume it is exciting enough for my followers. Do you have that feeling as well? At times, you feel that you are no longer passionate to tweet, feeling that all had been said and no addition can put in the tweeting space.

At times I use to be frustrated that being a writer, words should not fail me. I would try to convince myself that it’s unlikely to be in a blocking state, for someone who is constant writing but it happens to writers and it happens to dedicated tweeters.
Now here is the fact as it appears to me, tweeting block happens too many of us. For me when I go through writing block, it’s soothing to write about my statues of being blocked and the urge to return back to writing. This really does not work with tweeting, it seems strange to tweet that you are now in blocking status.

What help me to ease my tweeting block, is really just to appreciate others tweets and retweet, in particular those tweets that meets my values and direction or views. In fact it is stated that when you are retweeting you boost your tweeting relation with others. I also take that as an opportunity to know my followers and those who I have not visited or checked their tweeting style. I take time to visit pages of followers that I have not followed to get acquainted to them.

Since my blogging and tweeting is mostly collective thoughts, from time to time I show my personal side. Celebrating personal achievement or insight of being a mother and why not. Our tweeter followers will begin to relate to us as persons, others want to feel the human touch.

One of my other unblocking exercises is taking advantage of languages that I have mastered. I feel it is an added value to express in couple of languages you gain followers eager to hear you tweeting thoughts interpreted. There are also, unique thoughts of others that I translate so it can be brought up to my followers to appreciate them giving of course the original source a credit of their tweet.

Other tricks some other use when on blocking phase is share quotes and they are many rich quotes we tend to miss and can inspire us and others as well.

Well. I would love to hear how you untie you tweeting block so share it with me and others @iamnasra

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home